In a Private Pilates session you experience a series of physical movements tailored to fit your level and your body's specific needs. The 55-minute session with an instructor allows for a whole body experience, focusing on breath, flexibility, strength, and full body awareness.
Who can benefit from a Private Pilates session?
We believe each Pilates student - from beginner to expert levels - benefits from spending time individually with an instructor providing feedback on your movement and awareness. We strongly encourage a Private Pilates session for people needing special consideration for back pain, scoliosis, shoulder issues, women pre and post natal, or people who experience chronic pain and/or fibromyalgia.
Pilates provides the following benefits:
- Improves posture, flexibility, and overall general strength;
- Tones problem areas like the abdominal region, thighs, hips, arms, and buttocks;
- Relieves pressure and lowers risk by building muscles to support the back, shoulders, neck, and knees;
- Elongates muscles without adding bulk; and,
- Promotes a sense of well being and relaxation.
To begin your Pilates practice utilizing Pilates equipment, we recommend a Private Pilates session. You'll benefit from a 55-minute session to become comfortable with the Pilates equipment and cues to maximize your experience once you join an equipment class. Please contact us for more details.